Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wait

Wait.. How many times I heard this.  My earliest recollection of this word is when my mother used to say- wait wash your hands before you take your food.  I have heard about it repeatedly when my teachers used to ask me to wait for answers to my questions, wait for the results. I waited for holidays.  Waited for my degree, my job. Now I am waiting for something to happen to my life.  While I have been deluded with this word wait,  I have lost an important aspect - experiencing now.  All the time I waited for the result, I forgot to experience the journey.  My mother should have asked me to just wash my hands in scented water, my teachers would have told me interesting examples to address my questions, my teachers would have given me reasons to smile at my results whatever they may have been.  I am still struggling with the word wait. Any better teachers out there who can explain wait?

No comments: